Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Pages

Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

POETRY - SHARDS OF BROKEN GLASS

SHARDS OF BROKEN GLASS
As real as reflections on polished glass,
Your fragile beauty; vividly dwells in my mind,
Your ethereal presence; comforting for every hour I pass,
Each minute lost in thought; hoping love in you to find.

For in sweet surrender; I drift along in a heady trance,
My soul in turmoil; gladly counting each passing day,
My feelings all on fire; yearning to get a chance,
For just a moment; all my heart’s desire to say.

But forsaken and lonely; like a lost spiritual pilgrim of old,
My flames of passion flare, and my heart burns with a crave,
My arms aching; just your supple body to hold,
So that my dead soul; can rise from this emotional grave.

Like the ocean; my heart opens wide,
Reaching out in grace; your tender love to embrace,
But my pure devotion; sail against time and tide,
And now I feel; as melancholic as a penitent in disgrace.

Daily I search my heart; but find no hate,
For in reposeful sweetness; within me you stay,
Like an angel of hope; sent by heavenly fate,
Peace of mind to give; when meekly I pray.

Now my dream is shattered,
By a painful memory; of a moment’s passionate token,
That like a raging storm; has left my feelings scattered,
Like shards of glass broken.

No comments: