Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Pages

Popular Posts

Monday, April 9, 2012

Paradise in Hell: The Day We Separated

If asked to say what has greatly contributed to my romanticism, not in the narrow sense attached to matters of sex and love, but in the broader sense of loving the beauty of nature; I surely would not know what answer to give. I am not certain it is country music that inclines me towards a deep love affair with nature, or it is nature that makes me love country music so passionately. Well, I believe the answer to this is neither here nor there, but as I am writing this episode, two songs, one by Dolly Porton and the other by Don Williams keep on playing interchangeably in my mind. Silver and Gold Well, I met an old man, walking down the street, His clothes were torn and tattered, with sandals on his feet, And I stopped to help him, And then he on the other hand said “I Love you so much, but you must understand that silver and gold might buy you a home, but things of this world, they won’t last you long, and time has a way of turning out sore, but time cannot be bought back with silver and gold” And he said to me let’s rest for a while, Coz I have some good news to share with you child He said, you can’t change this whole world, But people need to know…that a dear say might drag you a long long time ago…. ‘And silver and gold might buy you a home, but things of this world, they won’t last you long, and time as a way of turning out sore, but time cannot be bought back with silver and gold” “His eyes shone like diamonds, And his smile was heaven itself, His hands was long and glowing, And his back was slightly bent, And I knew he knew it, coz that day I changed, And until I walked off, I forgot to ask him his name, He said silver and gold can buy you a home, When this life has ended and your time is on, But you can live in a world where, you don’t grow old, And things can be bought there with silver and gold, And time can be bought back with silver and gold. Now as the words of this song continually plays in my head, I am transported down the memory trail to one gloomy Saturday afternoon, 6 years ago when I asked my ex wife, “ Desb’s, are you sure you wanna go through with it?’ Although she said, “yes..,” I can still see the haunting look of horror mingled with pain and plea in her eyes….” Even now, I cannot help it…am crying like hell…I had just brought a truck home and asked her to, “kindly pack up everything as slowly and as meticulously as you can, and go. If you are packing make sure you leave absolutely nothing behind except me” She did precisely that, and my first, and probably the only marriage I’ll ever have came to a tortuous grinding end. I said two songs. Silver and gold is by Dolly Porton. The other song: “She never knew me” echoes my current love. Read about the episodes in my next two postings.

No comments: