Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Pages

Popular Posts

Friday, August 19, 2011

POETRY ABOUT VIRGINITY AND MAIDEN INNOCENCE

Until I met the current love of my heart, the other woman who I madly fell in love with was Banice (name changed) my wife had been pushing me to marry another woman (something to do with traditional beliefs). I had been telling her there is someone, but when she saw Banice she refused to accept her as a co-wife. That lady was very beautiful. More than 5 years after I lost contact with Banice, her shadow still haunted my ex. That was when I learned about her intention to go back to her ex husband. That marked the end of our marriage.

PORTALS OF PURITY

To the inner most sanctums of paradise,
Like puritans to a shrine,
They troop,
Disciples of debauchery honey tongued,
To entice her innocence out of the coop.

A bird she looks,
Of rare and silky plumes;
Tender to the touch,
Soft to the feel;
But caged in hues and perfumes,
Around which they flitter,
Moths to her lights and delights drawn.

Beyond the fleshy petals
Wherein drips sweetest nectar,
Ebbs and throbs
Dead echoes of her purity.
Innocence stolen,
Innocence snatched
From its pristine cradle
By filthy fingers of dark and dirty passion.

Embraced by the divine cloak of beauty,
Saintly and sacred she looks –
An angel of damnation descended
To smoother fires of their desires,
With the coolness of her breathy whispers,
The radiance of her smile,
The gently, glorious softness of her eyes.

Oh, innocence stolen,
Innocence snatched…
And the drumbeats of my heart
Sound in anguish
With every drunken spittle,
That smears and besmirches
The delicious and delicate tenderness,
Of a face so perfectly carved
And a heart that cries for the pulpit.

No comments: