Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Pages

Popular Posts

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

POETRY IN ADORATION OF FEMININITY



A BLOSSOM IN BLOOM

A blossom in full bloom?
In a desert of desire and desolation?
How I smolder in gloom,
In isolation
Envying her resplendent glamour,
So far from me flung away
Like shiny jewels of heaven;
That by day conceal their splendor,
But by night sparkle unbroken.

Oh!
How she caresses my senses
Like faint fragrance of exotic flowers,
That I can only feel
But can never touch.
And how she sets my passions ablaze
With fires of yearning,
That consumes my being much as
A thirsty traveler
Who longs for delicious mountain springs,
But cannot quench his thirst.

Oh Lord!
How beautiful?
Her hair...
Smoother than the softest fur,
Her eyes?
Make the stars shy.
And that smile -
As sparkling as the rising sun,
Pours forth into my soul
Abundant joy.

What a voice?
A voice sweeter than sublime melodies.
And her breath?
Cooler than morning mountain air.
Her kisses?
A door to boundless bliss,
Tastier than warm mountain honey
And herself?
Utter perfection.

But Lord!
Were you excited so,
When you set about
Molding this incarnation of pure magnificence?
Were you out to torment my soul?
Lord?
Could it be,
That like the shores of an alien ocean,
And the twinkle of distant stars;
So far am I from her true tender feelings?

And Lord!
If in creating love,
Your only purpose was to spite me;
Then Lord I have defeated your purpose.
For I love her so –
Even though only in imagination.
Isn't it great Lord?
Love in imagination – AMEN.

No comments: