Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Pages

Popular Posts

Monday, August 29, 2011

POETRY – WHEN YOU WERE HERE

POETRY – WHEN YOU WERE HERE
When you were here,
I looked with my heart
For my eyes saw the shadow not,
But the soft fullness of a woman’s breasts
As enticing as ripe peaches-

When you spoke
I listened with my eyes
For my ears heard not your voice,
But saw the quiet demeanor of a dove
Lost in the joys of melodic cooing-

And now that you are gone,
In moments of solitary confessions
All I know are dreams…
Dreams,
Of wild intimacy of hot kisses;
Dreams,
Of lips softening like ice-cream melting in the mouth;
Dreams,
Of nipples begging for the slavery of my lips;
Dreams,
That brings the crescendo of erotic bliss;
Hot, potent dreams,
That sears longing in my heart
And an aching desire to be eternally possessed,
By love’s breathless and all-consuming spell.

No comments: